Today I want to write a post about a topic that some physicists might say it is better not to take serious. I just prefer to give the option to everyone to make up her/his own mind. Recently I had the chance to watch a documentary about Quantum Biology and I started to think a lot about these ideas. In order to open a dialogue about it let me share them with you:
- it is well known that birds are able to navigate thanks to the ability of using the earth magnetic field. Scientists argue that this phenomena could be explained by quantum entanglement. To know more about this idea please click on this LINK
- the fact that a tadpole becomes a frog is widely known as metamorphosis, but do we really know how this relatively fast process works? A possible explanation could be that the tunnelling effect of proton particles, allowing a almost instantaneous action that otherwise could have taken longer. The early idea of proton tunneling can be found in the original paper from Per-Olov Löwdin PAPER
- can the smell sense be considered similar to hearing and sight? Imagine that we take into account the vibration of particles; could we then differentiate between the smell of an orange and a pond? Enjoy the podcast on the following ARTICLE
- one of the natural processes which opens a lot of debate is photosynthesis. If you click on the picture below you can enjoy a wonderful video about the quantum mechanics of photosyntesis. To know more about it you can also click HERE
- and last but not least: is there a quantum theory of evolution? could the way that genes modify be explained by quantum physics? The answer is out there..